Re: [gpm] Battery polling frequency?

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 14:36 -0700, paul wrote:
> Hi I'd like to know just how often upstream g-p-m updates the battery
> state? Because right now in Edgy Ubuntu the thing only updates every
> 25% of a charge
> (https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/66025) which is profoundly irritating. I'd like to know if this is upstream behavior or is it something Ubuntu did. and how can I change this?

Well, g-p-m doesn't poll at all - it relies on events from HAL.

I suspect this may be a BIOS problem, but could you try:

lshal -m

and timing how many updates you get to BATx in a few minutes. You should
get a few every 5 minutes. If you don't then the BIOS is not sending
events. HAL should fallback to polling ACPI, but this may not also be
changing for you.

You might want to try doing:

watch cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT*/state

and see if ACPI even notices that your battery is being
charged/discharged.

Hope that helps,