Re: [gpm] Common system interface for PowerManagement
- From: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- To: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Cc: gnome-power-manager-list gnome org, rodrigo novell com
- Subject: Re: [gpm] Common system interface for PowerManagement
- Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 18:04:52 +0100
On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 22:32 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > What do you think?
> Sounds good to me, I proposed something very similar right here
Sorry for the delay, I've been away. It sounds like a good idea to me to
> Btw, this is reusable for other policy daemons too (g-v-m, nm-applet
> KDE equivalents) without too many code changes except for supporting
> option "--headless". But my proposal is mostly just an implementation
Yes, I think we need to beat the drum on this one. Holger, can you set
up a wikipage somewhere and then me, you, David and Jon can share ideas?
I think we need the org.freedesktop.Policy.foo prefix, and then we can
start to get some standardization. We want to involve Jon McCann in this
too, as he's got some great ideas for managing the console which may
come into play with this as well.
] [Thread Prev