Re: [gpm] Is g-p-m (or pm-suspend) supposed to work on a desktop PC?

Hi,

I'm going to chime in a little,

> Have you tried just echoing mem into /sys/power/state, rather than using
> pm-suspend? Not that I think it will do anything that different. I think
> we need a kernel guy to give us a hand here.

You really need to try that, but from the following stand point.
1) boot to single user mode (the kernel command line should specify any vesafb or  *fb either, or quiet or rhgb or video=) just as plain as could be.
2) rmmmod every module that is not in your initrd, and confirm with an lsmod.
3) echo -n mem >/sys/power/state

If it works, then start adding them in one at a time retrying the suspend/resume cycle, and see where it breaks.

If not, and you want to find out more, you'll probably have to hook up a serial console.

Andrew