[gpm] Hard Drive Locking

Hello,

Just to get the computer specifications out of the way, I have a Dell
Inspiron 6400 with a beta copy of Ubuntu Dapper installed with
up-to-date software packages as of May 26, 2006.

When restoring from suspend mode, the computer exhibits hard-drive
reading problems if the computer itself has been jostled somewhat while
in suspend mode.  The computer then becomes unusable and must be
powered-down and restarted.  Error messages on the console are what have
lead me to believe that the issue is that the hard drive is not being
locked (or not fully locked) when in suspend mode.  How would this be
enabled?

Thank-you.