Re: [gpm] Suspend/Resume has not worked since kernel-2.6.16

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 03:14 -0500, Paul Johnson wrote:
> When I asked about suspend problems and 2.6.17 in this list a couple
> of weeks ago, Richard said he had the same trouble with
> suspend/resume.  However, I don't see a hell of a lot of hollering
> about this in the Internet, which either means that people have not
> yet installed the newer kernels or that they don't suspend much. Or
> else my machine is the only one that doesn't work :(.

The latest fedora core updates kernel works great for me - sorry...

> So I'm stuck running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5smp.  And I'm happy to do
> that, except that I can't find RPMS for kernel-devel on Fedora servers
> or RPMS for drivers on the ATrpms site.  So if I want to reinstall the
> nvidia RPM, I'm stuck.  That kinda sucks.  I think the servers should
> keep packages for the last version of 2.6.16.

I think livna has old versions of stuff if that helps

> When the system locks, there is no information in the messages and
> there's no Error report in X.log.

Hmm, sounds like a core kernel or X lockup, so you might want to open a
rh bugzilla and see if you can get a kernel guy who knows what he's
talking about!

Sorry I'm not more helpful,