[gpm] GPM Broken on FC5

Fedora's native GPM package has never worked for me, so I tried the one on utopia. Now I don't even see the icon in my panel, even when the gnome-power-manager process is running. Before, there was a "Suspend" button in my System menu, although it just caused my PC to crash. Now it doesn't even show that. Is GPM supposed to work on Fedora, or does the kernel not yet support this functionality?

Also, is there any kind of "suspend" or "hibernate" command we can use from the shell, in case the GPM gui isn't working?

Regards,
Chris