Re: [gpm] Configuring what happens when "hibernate" should be done

Hi,

Alexander Skwar wrote:
Paul Johnson wrote:
I asked the same thing a while ago.  I think the menu items point at
/usr/sbin/pm-hibernate (for hibernate) or /usr/sbin/pm-suspend (for
suspend)

Unless it changed recently (post 0.57) the answer as to what gets executed can be had by the following commands. The first one will tell you how to interpret the second.

hal-get-property --udi /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer \
  --key org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.method_names

hal-get-property --udi /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer \
  --key org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.method_execpaths

On my system (FC5) those produce the following.

Suspend Hibernate Shutdown Reboot SetPowerSave

hal-system-power-suspend hal-system-power-hibernate hal-system-power-shutdown hal-system-power-reboot hal-system-power-set-power-save

Ubuntu doesn't have such files. So, something different must happen,
when those buttons are pressed. Is there a documentation reg. g-p-m?
If so - where?

on FC5 those files live in /usr/share/hal/scripts

Andrew