Re: [gpm] Using HAL: reporting.low and reporting.warning

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 05:11 +0100, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> My batteries have as properties in HAL a reporting.low and
> reporting.warning (also charge_level.low and charge_level.warning and
> these have the same number so I guess they are the same thing)

Yes, defined by ACPI, and exported by HAL. I'm not sure if these are set
at manufacture time, or change with the battery lifetime.

> Can't we use these properties instead of the sliders? Or are these
> properties not present for all type of batteries?

I think maybe these values could set the default for the sliders, but I
think the sliders should remain -- as people have different preferences
-- and ACPI values are famously unreliable/wrong.