Re: [gpm] Setting lcd brigthness

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 20:48 +0100, Julien Valroff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to figure out how setting lcd brightness works. I own a
> Toshiba Satellite M40X laptop with a Phoeniw bios, which works with the
> omnibook kernel module.
>
> lcd brightness can be set through /proc/omnibook/lcd (values between 0
> and 7).

Wow, I've never come across this backend before. We just have to add
support for it in HAL (in the hal-power-system-* scripts), and then
g-p-m will automatically work.

1. What (exactly) is the command for setting the brightness?
2. What is the command for reading the brightness?
3. What is the command to turn off the backlight (if possible)?

Can you open a bugzilla, and add this information there. Many thanks.