[gpm] GNOME Power Manager on Debian Etch

Hi,

Since dbus, hal and co. were updated this night in Debian etch, I could
compile and install a Debian package of GNOME Power Manager (based on
0.3.4 package from Ubuntu).

I notice 2 annoying things:

* hibernate/suspend do not work:
Nothing happens when using the context menu of the notification area
icon. I usually use suspend2, which works great my laptop.
Launching manually /usr/share/hal/scripts/hal-system-power-hibernate
successfully does a suspend-to-disk.
Note that hald is not run as root, but as hal user. If I run it as root,
as suggested on
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-power-manager/packages.html , gpm
does not work as expected (almost no options in the preferences dialog
for instance).

* Unknown time:
gpm does not seem to be able to catch the remaining time from my
battery, whereas the standard GNOME applet does. This results as
remaining time always being displayed as "Unknown time".

Here are information about the dependencies installed on my system:
dbus 0.60
hal 0.5.6
libnotify 0.3.2

Do you have ideas about both problems?

If I can fix them, I could prepare a Debian package for gpm.

Cheers,
Julien