Notes June 27,2002

Hotel Information:

Prices of hotels keep going up, below is area hostels.

Boston

HI - Boston International Hostel
Spectacular downtown location! Exceptional, daily cultural and social
programs and activities; warm, informative and friendly staff; 24 hour
housekeeping. Awarded a "Thumbs Up" by Let's Go. Lonely Planet-Boston says,
"A Fantastic choice..." Come and experience those special touches that make
us unique. Near everything...far from ordinary.

12 Hemenway Street
Boston, MA 02115

Plenty of space available from July 15th-22nd
Hynes Convention T stop

Tel: (617) 536-9455
Fax: (617) 424-6558
Email: bostonhostel bostonhostel org
Web: http://www.bostonhostel.org
Network(s):HIUSA
Price:$29-33

HI Boston at Fenway
575 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts

This one is right in Kenmore Nat, I wasn't able
to get through to find out about availability.

Tel: 617 267 8599
Email: fenway bostonhostel org
Network(s):HIUSA
Price:$35

Editors Note: Opens June 1st, 2002

Possible Talks & Workshops:

Chema (Talk & Workshop) Gnome Print

Michael M. (Talk) Development & Release Plan

Jody G.- Gnome Office

Leon Shiman- MAS (sound server)

Eric-GStreamer/need funding for his travel, $400.00 or so

Owen- GTK???

Havoc-???

Abi Word???Who???

Do we need abstracts/bios?

We need to figure out how many Workshops & how long they should be.

Logistics:

Guides:
We need to find some people to act as guides.
Eric has volunteered to come up 1 day early.
Keelyn & Clara for Thursday & Friday def.

Food:
We are planning to have coffee/snacks 10-11a.m. every morning.
Lunch, people are on their own, MIT Student Center.

Rooms:
MIT bldg# 33, Nats talking with them regarding 2 additional rooms with
network connection.
http://whereismit.edu

Roommates needed:
Bulletin board for people who need to find someone to share a room with.
?Who can put that on the website.

Schedules:
Put Summit schedule on website or email each individual?