Re: presentation/planning session

On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 09:05, Bill Haneman wrote:

> What are the titles of the two?

I was going to leave that up to you.  My thinking on this is pretty
straightforward and unsurprising:

    * A fairly detailed "What is GNOME a11y" talk which is comprised of:
        - A general overview or what a11y is
        - How a11y works in GNOME, the contract approach, etc
        - An overview of the architecture, some examples
        - State of GNOME a11y, where are the ATs

    I also think that a significant amount of time spent on the whole
    a11y-is-not-just-about-disabilities topic would be pretty
    worthwhile.  The notion that atk can make it possible to hook up
    other input devices, create user testing tools, etc - this stuff
    broadens the topic a lot in a way that I think might be effective at
    riling GNOME developers up.

    * A "How-to" GNOME a11y workshop, where you actually go through the
    steps of atk-ifying an app or widget, get people to understand the
    subtleties, etc.

    This would also be a nice opportunity to try to recruit hackers to
    help fill in the remaining pieces, like you said - I think basically
    your plan here is ideal.

The focus for the summit is very much user-oriented, and so we're not
interested in a lot of real developer platform stuff... which is
probably in sync with the current state of GNOME a11y, i.e. we need to
bridge that last mile to user.

Okay, the airplane people are yelling at me, I have to shut my laptop
down now.

See you there!

Nat