Re: gnome-pilot and evolution on windows

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:13:18AM +0100, Andreas Moroder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed evolution for windows and would like to sync evolution with my
> Nokia N81. When I select the Sync menu evolution tells me that gnome-pilot
> is not installed.
>
> Is a windows version of gnome pilot available or will it be in near future ?

gnome-pilot is for synchronizing PalmOS PDAs and phones, it won't
work with a Nokia.  Nokia phones use a synchronization protocol called
syncMl.  You *can* get your Nokia to synchronize with Evolution but it
involves having a syncMl 'server' in the middle to which both your
phone and Evolution can be synchronized.  (I have a Nokia E71 so have
the same problem - I wish there was a simple direct way to synchronize
it with my Linux desktop)

--
Chris Green