Re: Wake Up World! Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 20:15 +1100, Andrew Greig wrote:
> I am an Australian, and I am really annoyed at receiving this American
> Political diatribe.  Not only that but it appears that someone has added
> me to the list of this polemicist, and I need to call the USA long
> distance to unsubscribe.  This is not a political list, I could care
> less if Barack Obama is offensive to the poster, the poster is offensive
> to me!!!
>
> Andrew Greig
> Melbourne Australia

Hi Andrew,

This is spam.  There has been a steady stream of these messages sent to
the list over the past while, but this is the first that has got
through.  I'm not clear how, as the poster is not currently a member of
the list.  It is possible that the spammer has figured out how to
automate subscribing to a list, posting, and unsubscribing.  I'll be
monitoring sub/unsub actions for the next while to see if a new pattern
is emerging.

I would be careful if calling long-distance to ask for removal, to
ensure you're not paying premium rates to some gangster!

I'm not sure what's behind these spams, they seem to have been disavowed
by "Lawrence Auster":
http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/012189.html

Matt

Matt Davey			To err is human, to moo bovine.
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk