Re: Sync Treo 650 via Bluetooth on Ubuntu 8.10

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 13:54 -0800, Toast wrote:
> So I can sync Treo with gnome-pilot via USB,
> and can access Treo with pilot-link via Bluetooth...
>
> can't quite get gnome-pilot to sync via Bluetooth.
>
> I've tried all (perhaps) of the guides and have searched this lists' archives - to no avail.
>
> Is this even possible? any success stories? hints? blatent help?

Hi Dan,

Rereading your posts, I see that you are using gnome-pilot 2.0.15.
Bluetooth support is in gnome-pilot 2.0.16, and the newly released
gnome-pilot 2.0.17 fixes a bug that prevented device detection working
with recent HAL releases.

Note that there is a pilot-link bug that means gnome-pilot will crash
after a bluetooth sync.  The patch for that is here:
http://bugs.pilot-link.org/file_download.php?file_id=681&type=bug
and should be fixed when pilot-link 0.12.4 is released.

Matt

Matt Davey		A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	    decency to thank her.  - W.C. Fields