Mandriva 2008.1 and libusb

Hi All,

I have followed the setup of libusb fully.  I have all the right
libraries, and the version of pilot-link. I have blacklisted visor. I
have done everything that I could discover by reading, and I cannot get
Evolution-Pilot, gnome-pilot, pilot-xfer, or even jpilot to work under
libusb.  I am at my wits end.

PDA - Palm Life Drive 0830 -0061
Athlon 2000 1Gb RAM Stacks of room
USB 2.0
Mandriva 2008.1 Powerpack

I know this is meant to work "out of the box" but it has never been my
experience.

pilot-link-0.12.3-2mdv2008.1
hal-0.5.11-0.rc2.1mdv2008.1
evolution-pilot-2.22.0-4mdv2008.1
gnome-pilot-2.0.16-1mdv2008.1
/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4
         ‎/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4
         ‎/lib/libusb.la
         ‎/lib/libusbpp-0.1.so.4
         ‎/lib/libusbpp-0.1.so.4.4.4
         ‎/usr/share/doc/libusb0.1_4
         ‎/usr/share/doc/libusb0.1_4/README
libusb-devel-0.1.12-9mdv2008.1
udev-118-6mnb1
Linux localhost 2.6.24.4-desktop-1mnb #1 SMP Thu Mar 27
14:34:39 CET 2008 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ GNU/Linux

The LifeDrive is picked up when connected by the cable, before hotsynch.

andrew andrew ~]$ lsusb
 Bus 001 Device 014: ID 0830:0061 Palm, Inc.
 Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
 Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0a5c:2021 Broadcom Corp.
 Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
 Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c03d Logitech, Inc.
 Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04b8:0005

So the usb bus can detect it, and running "top" I can see that when the
hotsynch button on the cradle is pressed, udevd wakes up and so do hald
and hald-addon-stor.  Then they are unseen again, until the hot synch
times out.  When the connection "goes down" they all wake up again for a
look.  And then they are gone.

If I have omitted anything of value please let me know and i can include
it next message.  Maybe its a sneaky permissions issue?

Thanks

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia