Trying again with libUSB

Hi All,

I have upgraded to an Athlon 2400XP with 1G RAM and native usb2.0 slots.
I was hoping this may have given me an advantage in the pursuit of sync
via libusb.

So far, no.

Here is a clip of the debug output in /tmp

libusb.c 379 (u_open).
libusb.c 387 (u_open).
libusb.c 415 (u_wait_for_device).
libusb.c: checking device 0x8057ce8
libusb.c: 132, 0x0830 0x0061.
libusb.c: trying to open device 0x8057ce8
libusb.c: USB_handle=0x8053cf0
usb: PALM_GET_EXT_CONNECTION_INFORMATION, num_ports=1,
endpoint_numbers_different=1
	[0] port_function_id='Lsfr'
	[0] port=2
	[0] endpoint_info=98
usb: PALM_GET_EXT_CONNECTION_INFORMATION - no hotsync port found.
libusb.c: USB configure failed for familar device: 0x0830 0x0061.
(LifeDrive issue?)
libusb.c: checking device 0x8058df0

What does this reference "no hotsync port found." mean?  Do I need to
manually configure the device?

Mandriva 2008, Evolution-pilot

Thanks
Andrew Greig