z22 F7 problem

Dear All,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to request help. If it's not,
please accept my apologies and ignore this message. If it is, perhaps
one of you can help me as I'm at the end of my rope.

After successfully syncing my palm Z22 with Evolution calendar with
gpilot for more than a year in Fedora Core 6, I am no longer able to
sync with F7. From the moment I 'upgraded' to F7, the sync stopped
working.

It's not that the sync gets stuck halfway or so. I can see the USB
connection taking place when I plug the Z22's USB cable into my machine
(dmesg) but that is where everything stops.

here's a few things I tried:

1. run gpilot as root and sync
2. deleted all info in ~/.gnome2/.gnome-pilot.d
3. yum deleted gnome-pilot and evolution and reinstalled them
4. I am successfully syncing to Windows and Ubuntu (same cable) but I do
not want to move to those platforms (switching cost too high).
5. most every other 'trick' or workaround I have been able to find on
the web (for a complete list of my effort see:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?p=819401#post819401

I am not a systems person, but I LOVE my Linux machine, my little Z22
and Evolution and it worked so well for so long in FC6. Can anyone take
me by the hand and help me? I'm getting pretty desperate.

RR