Re: gnome-pilot-list Digest, Vol 40, Issue 10

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 07:50 -0400, gnome-pilot-list-request gnome org
wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:45:36 +0200
> From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
> Subject: Re: Pilot synch issues
> To: gnome-pilot-list gnome org
>
> Le mercredi 12 septembre 2007 ? 09:59 +1000, Andrew Greig a ?crit :
> > > Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:32:07 +0200
> > > From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
> > > Subject: Re: Pilot synch issues
> > > To: "The PalmOS&lt; tm&gt;  integration pacakge"
> > > 	<gnome-pilot-list gnome org>
> > >
> > > Le mardi 11 septembre 2007 ? 08:55 +1000, Andrew Greig a ?crit :

> > > I don't see the point in testing with 2007.0, anyway. And also make sure
> > > you have the latest kernel available as update for 2007.0.
> >
> > It just seemed the quickest way to get a clean slate. And no worries
> > about data loss as it was not my main drive.
>
> But you are still not running with all bugfix / security update, on both
> of your system. You haven't the latest evolution bugfix update for
> 2007.1.
I run the Automatic updater on my system and it reports that there are no updates for downloading as I have installed them.  List is empty.

> > > How about running pilot-xfer -p usb: -l while logged as a user (while
> > > making sure gpilotd is not running) and try to run sync on your Palm and
> > > see what pilot-xfer says ?
> > bash-3.1$ pilot-xfer -p usb: -l
> >
> >    Listening for incoming connection on usb:...
> >
> > No response to hot synch button.
>
> Did you ensure visor module didn't get loaded on your system
> (with /sbin/lsmod) when after you pressed sync ? (it should but it is
> best to ensure that) .
Checked lsmod - no visor module
Checked ls /dev during sync attempt , no /dev/pilot created

> Did you switch back your PalmDrive to non Drive mode ?
Yes, I only sync in non-drive mode
> > > And it would be great if you could reply to your emails when you post a
> > > follow-up, so threading is kept.
> > I apologise for that.  When I was working in the 2007 drive I had no access to the thread, but it seemed there was much to cut and paste from the console.
> > I will confine myself to replies from this drive (2007.1) from now on.
>
> Still broken.
Where am I going wrong with this?  I thought I just had to keep the
subject Re: Palm synch issues.  Is there more to it than that?

> --
> Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
> Mandriva

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:37:17 +0100
> From: Matt Davey <mcdavey mrao cam ac uk>
> Subject: Re: Pilot synch issues

> I've been away for a while and am just catching up on
> gnome-pilot-list...
>
> Apologies if I've missed something earlier in the thread.  Andrew, have
> you tried playing with the timing of starting 'pilot-xfer' and pressing
> initiating the sync on the palm?  In the recent "Newbie questions"
> thread, the user eventually managed to sync his Treo 700p by starting
> the sync _just_before_ running the pilot-xfer command.  This was with a
> libusb setup.
I will try with the timing, and get back to the list
> Other than that, Frederic is probably better placed to help you
> troubleshoot problems with a Mandriva distribution.
>
> Matt

> Matt Davey        Pornography: "It's not the teat, it's the tumidity"
> mcdavey mrao cam ac uk                              -- William Safire
Thanks to all
Andrew Greig