Re: Setting encoding in gnome-pilot?

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 11:48 +0300, Noam Raphael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a Palm Z22 in Hebrew. This means that all text in the palm
> in encoded in cp-1255 encoding. However, when I use gnome-pilot to
> synchronize the palm with evolution, all text is decoded as latin1,
> which means that I get strange letters instead of Hebrew.
>
> Is there a way to fix it?

Yes, assuming you are using pilot-link 0.12 you should be able to  set
the PILOT_CHARSET environment variable to CP1255.  You'll need to ensure
that the environment variable is set for the running 'gpilotd' process,
so either kill and restart gpilotd from a terminal window where you've
set PILOT_CHARSET, or else set the environment variable in your desktop
startup scripts and restart your desktop session.

Matt