Palm not syncing was: Some records not synced to the palm

> > Hi!
> >
> > I am using gpilotd 2.0.15 together with pilot-link 0.12.2 Using libusb I
> > can sync my TX. However, some of the refords are not synced.
>
> I have to correct my self it seems that nothing at all is synced from
> evolution to the palm whereas the other direction works.
>
> Gregor
>
> > all conduits report messages like the bottom one. It seems there are
> > some characters that the conduit doesn't like. HOw can I figure out what
> > characters and where thay are? How can I get more info out of gpilotd?
> >
> > There is also a final error message at the end of the sync I posted at
> > the bottom, Any ideas is this related to the above errors?
> >
> > Gregor

I tried to debug this a little further here is the output of gpilotd and
evolution-data-server: Does this help anybody out there? A similar thing
happens with all the other conduits.

Gregor

gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.15 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.12.2
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching PalmTX (network)
gpilotd-Message: Found 4766, 0001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0502, 0736
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 091e, 0004
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 115e, f100
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0100
gpilotd-Message: Using net FALSE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0200
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0300
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0c88, 0021
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0002
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0003
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0020
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0031
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0040
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0050
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0060
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0061
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0070
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0080
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 04e8, 8001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 04e8, 6601
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0038
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0066
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0095
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 009a
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00c9
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00da
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00e9
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0144
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0169
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 12ef, 0100
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Woke on network: PalmTX
gpilotd-Message: Device PalmTX has 0 events
gpilotd-Message: Instantiating 1 conduits...
ecalconduit-Message: in calendar's conduit_get_gpilot_conduit

gpilotd-Message: Instantiated 0 backup conduits, 0 file conduits, 1
other conduits
gpilotd-Message: NetSync request detected, synchronizing PDA
gpilotd-Message: PDA ID is 1312872, name is MyPilot, owner is Lawa
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in restore queue
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in conduit queue
ecalconduit-Message:

ecalconduit-Message: pre_sync: Calendar Conduit v.0.1.6
ecalconduit-Message:   Using
timezone: /softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/Europe/Vienna
ecalconduit-Message:   Current URI
file:///home/lawa/.evolution/calendar/local/system
(file:///home/lawa/.evolution/calendar/local/system)

ecalconduit-Message:     doing fast sync

ecalconduit-Message: for_each_modified beginning

ecalconduit-Message: iterating over 1 records

(gnome-pilot:24926): gpilotd-WARNING **: Synchronization failed!
gpilotd-Message: Synchronization ended
gpilotd-Message: Shutting down devices
gpilotd-Message: Rereading configuration...
gpilotd-Message: Watching PalmTX (network)
gpilotd-Message: Exiting (caught SIGINT)...

and evo:

/usr/libexec/evolution-data-server-1.10
evolution-data-server-Message: Starting server
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendContactsEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `EBookBackendFileFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `EBookBackendVCFFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `EBookBackendLDAPFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendFileTodosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendFileEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendFileJournalFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendHttpTodosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendHttpEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendWeatherEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendCalDAVEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `EBookBackendGroupwiseFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendGroupwiseTodosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendGroupwiseEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendGroupwiseJournalFactory'
in server_log_handler
evolution-data-server-Message: Server up and running
cal = 0x80564c0
backend_last_client_gone_cb() called!

--
!!I am trying to shift my personal mail to this address!!
                plz update your addressbook

 Dipl.-Ing. Gregor Hlawacek  --  http://www.unileoben.ac.at/~hlawacek
 Proleber Straße 60/7        --  +43 650 3592145
 8700 Leoben, Austria
                penguin         eating fish
                        travelling      being noisy
        GPG ID: FBCDF36E
 GPG Finger Print: 1AA0 DC5C 186F 6144 01F0  8FB2 7ABD D7FB FBCD F36E