Re: Installing files

I am installing directly to ram, but whatever it is doing is rendering the files unreadable. The same file syncs fine when dragged from desktop with correct filename.

And all splash-photo pics are only recognized with the double .jpg.pdb extension, so perhaps it is an application specific thing.

On 10/1/07, David A. Desrosiers <desrod gnu-designs com> wrote:

> This often makes the file unreadable since it uses too long a name
> and chops off the extension.

"Files" and "extensions" are meaningless on a Palm, since it has no
filesystem, and no real notion of "files".

If, however, you are installing these files onto an external media
card, there is a VFS layer that handles that... but I think you're
talking about installing the data to main RAM.