Re: Pilot not syncing

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 09:10 +0100, Gregor Hlawacek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have the following strange problem:
>
> I connect my Palm and it is detected by the kernel and works nicely with
> pilot-xfer using libusb. HOwever it doesn't do anything with gpilotd

Gregor,

There have been problems reported with certain HAL revisions (although
the cause may be lower down the stack) in which HAL only detects the
first palmos connection after a reboot.  See this thread, for example:
 http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2007-October/009687.html

Not sure if this is related to your issue, of course, but one way to
check is to disable hald before (re)starting gpilotd.

Matt

Matt Davey		The mind is not a vessel to be filled
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk         but a fire to be kindled.  -- Plutarch