Re: Help with palm

--- Xavier Pegenaute <xpegenaute telepolis es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks at all! :-)
>
> about the evolution is downloaded from this repository:
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/GNOME:/STABLE/openSUSE_10.2/
>
> Xavi.

Thanks! I just verified that those sources have the same problem as the 2.8.2
sources I found yesterday. The patch is now up, so you should be able to try
it.

If you want to try the patch with the RPM, here's how I'd do it:
1) install the source rpm (rpm -ivh <src.rpm file>). This will place files in
/usr/src/RPM or /usr/src/rpm. I'll refer to this directory as /usr/src/rpm from
now on.
2) cd /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES.
3) rm evolution-2.2.0-port-to-pilot-link-0.12.patch (remove old patch)
4) cp <location of new patch> ./ (copy new patch into /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES)
5) cd ../SPECS (now in /usr/src/rpm/SPECS)
6) Edit evolution.spec:
   a) Find the line beginning with "Patch19"
   b) Replace the name of the patch file there with the name of the new patch
file.
   c) Should probably update the version and changelog (I usually do).
7) in /usr/src/rpm/SPECS, run the command "rpm -bs evolution.spec". This will
create a new src.rpm file located in /usr/src/rpm/SRPMS
8) In the /usr/src/rpm/SRPMS directory, run the command "rpmbuild --rebuild
<src.rpm name>". This should start the build process (might also require some
extra development packages before building). The resulting Evolution rpm(s)
will be located in /usr/src/rpm/RPMS/i586 or /usr/src/rpm/RPMS/i686, depending
on hos OpenSUSE is setup.
9) Install the RPMS and see if syncing works now. It theoretically should, but
I'm not able to test it without completely screwing up my own configuration.

If you're brave enough to try it, let me know how it goes. Otherwise, bug the
Novell people to accept the patch and release an update.

Nathan

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time