Pilot Applet invisible

Hi all,

I'm still trying to get a working palm<-->Evolution link. I've downloaded and built the gnome-pilot release, the conduits, and the panel applet package (building was tricky, as all kinds of unexpected dependencies kept cropping up, not least the scrollkeeper stuff). Anyway, now I have a strange situation and seek help again.

The daemon is running, and it appears that the applet is running too (at least it shows up under ps after I try to add it to the panel). Furthermore, if I connect the palm and hit sync, the sync window pops up and shows that it's backing up the palm. However, the applet is invisible. This is odd, but the big problem is that I can't see any way to configure the conduits. This, I assume, is the reason that the data from the palm does not show up in Evolution.

Any suggestions?

TIA
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." ? Naguib Mahfouz

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/