Re: gnome-pilot-2.0.14pre4 testing and fixes

> > > Also, the Evolution conduits will need to be converted. I believe the=
> re's a patch for the
> > > EAddress conduit floating around out there right now. I plan on doing=
>  those conduits myself,
> > > since I use Evolution a lot and I haven't seen any talk about them on=
>  the evo-hackers list
> > > lately.
> >=20
> > Again, the fedora effort should have seen some work here, even if
> > incomplete.
>
> I've looked at them (thanks for the reference), and it looks like a good =
> start. I'll probably be
> working on the various conduits over the next week or two. Shouldn't be t=
> oo hard given these
> references.

I got around to testing the gnome-pilot-conduits CVS against
pilot-link 0.12.0 last week.  After a few small fixes they all seem to
be working.  I haven't tested the time conduit, but memo_file, malsync,
expenses, backup, mail and file all appear to be working.

That's great if you're going to check the Evo conduits - they're the
main reason people use gnome-pilot I suspect.

I haven't looked at your patch yet, but re. libusb: it'll be
supported at the pilot-link layer in 0.12.  With a sufficiently
recent libusb and udev setup it can work for non-root users,
and is apparently very speedy.  I haven't verified whether or
not it works with gp cvs, but I don't see why not on the face of
it.  You should be able to select USB device and a device of 'usb:'.
Obviously the .fdi stuff would need extra support, as it would
have to avoid looking for 'visor' and would effectively be
equivalent to the devices.xml functionality.

glad pre5 is behaving itself for you...

Matt