Re: Palm, evolution conduits and the web site

--- Andrew Williams <andy handyande co uk> wrote:

> Hey - I have just got a Palm (T|X) and have been using gnome-pilot to
> sync rather successfully - thanks :)

Great! What versions? gnome-pilot 2.0.13 or 2.0.14preX?

> I wonder though where I should send issues with the evolution conduits,
> no-one on the #evolution channel would say and the evolution mailing
> list seems never to talk of pilot / palm.

For problems with Evolution conduits themselves (not syncing with gnome-pilot), try the list
mentioned here: http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list. The Evolution list is meant
for problems. If you want to contribute to the evolution base (and help fix the conduits), try the
evolution-hackers list (http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-hackers).

It probably couldn't hurt to CC the gnome-pilot list with anything related to the evo conduits.
I've been looking at them lately (and have had some patches accepted by the evo developers in the
past), so I'm willing to help in any problem you find.

Also, evolution conduit and gnome-pilot bugs can be captured at bugzilla.gnome.org.

> Lastly I saw that the web site is "down", or rather I saw the note about
> the posibility of wanting a new site. Well - I have a content management
> system and some web space that other OSS projects are using
> (enlightenment.org (CMS only), get-e.org), for example and wondered if I
> could give something back to the pilot community.

Gnome-pilot is part of the GNOME project, so we can get webspace there. Right now, though I don't
know what we'd put up there - maybe just a link to the live.gnome.org wiki so the wiki would start
being used? (For anyone who doesn't know where it is: http://live.gnome.org/GnomePilot )

Matt: since you have CVS access, should we putting something at
http://gnome.org/projects/gnome-pilot? We'll need someone to maintain it (and I'm not
volunteering).

Just some thoughts on the web page.

Hope this helps!