Re: gnome-pilot-2.0.14pre6 released

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 16:26 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> When pilot-link is build with libusb support (as I did on cooker), I
> think gnome-pilot should try to migrate user configuration
> from /dev/tty* to usb: automatically, otherwise, people will not
> understand they need to configure something (which is not obvious at all
> btw). It might be even better to hide the Device combobox when usb is
> selected, with libusb support enabled.

The problem is that unless someone has made the udev changes required
(blacklist visor, add udev rule, etc) an automatic migration would break
people's existing config.

I guess we could use 'usb:' under the hood automatically if we get a usb
wakeup and detect that there isn't any visor module loaded.

Either that, or make the auto-migration a configuration option, so that
packagers can enable it on distributions that package pilot-link with
libusb support and the udev changes applied.

Comments?

Matt

Matt Davey		What do you get the man who has everything?
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 		A burglar alarm.