Re: Call for testers! (and updated pre-release tarball)

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 00:24 +0100, Matt Davey wrote:
> apologies.  I'm tired.  In the gp-patch in the previous mail I
> should have changed a different instance of PI_PF_NET to
> PI_PF_DLP.  The previous patch can safely be applied too.

With a few pilot-link patches (including yours in bug #1639 on our
side), it crashes immediately on the very first conduit (Address). I
suspect this is going to be a big problem, because AddressDB.pdb doesn't
physically exist on my Treo650, nor do any of the "Classic" databases.

I've been tracking this down for a few days now, and it looks like the
PACE layer (which transparently translates between the "Extended" (new)
format databases and the "Classic" (legacy) formats), doesn't exist
during HotSync, and so no translation takes place. This means a query to
open a db with the CreatorID of 'addr' will fail, since that doesn't
actually exist on the device.

I've had some trouble with ToDoDB.pdb the other day that led me down
this path.

I'll test with an OS4 device. I don't think we're going to be able to
support "virgin" OS5 devices at all, if we can't solve this problem.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com