Re: Will pi_close disconnect the link to Palm device?

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 04:53, Calvin Liu wrote:
> Hi, there,
>
> I found in gpilotd.c, function pilot_connect will call pi_close before
> it returns. So I'm wondering if this will disconnect the link to Palm
> device?

No, it wont.  If we're looking at the same thing, then the
close is performed on the 'listen' socket, after a connection
has been established and a new 'accepted' socket has been
created with pi_accept_to.

As for porting gnome-pilot to pilot-link-0.12.0, check out a thread
from March 15-17 last, which starts off with a patch to gnome-pilot
to port to the 0.12.0 API.  I haven't tested it, and the author
warned that it is likely to cause "crashers and dataloss", but
it'll get you going.

Matt

Matt Davey        "I do not agree with a word you say, but I will defend
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk      to the death your right to say it".  Voltaire