gnome-pilot and FreeBSD

Hi,

I'm having trouble with getting gpilotd to run on a FreeBSD machine. I'm
pretty sure that it's a gnome-pilot issue, since after following the
instructions at http://www.pilot-link.org/node/38 it works with jpilot
and the command-line pilot-link utilities.

When I try select pilot-settings in Evolution I get the following
error-message:
---
The Application "gpilotd" has quit unexpectedly.
You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it.
Or you can restart the application right now.
---
Since restarting doesn't help, I subscribed to this list :-)

OK. This message isn't very specific, so I started gpilotd from the
command line. I get the following output (my comments are indicated by a
#):
---
cd /usr/X11R6/libexec/
./gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.12 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.8
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]

(gpilotd:57100): gpilotd-WARNING **: Can't create lock file /var/lock/LCK..ugen0: m
# This warning goes away if I create a /var/lock directory
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0

gpilotd-ERROR **: file gpilotd.c: line 970 (monitor_channel): should not be reached
aborting...
---
At the same time I also get the same pop-up error-message that I get
when I select pilot-settings in Evolution.

So it seems that some assertion failed. Is there anything I can do about
it? Is this a bug? What went wrong?

Thanks,

Paul Kaletta

ps:
I have got a Palm m130 with an USB-cradle.