Re: Loading software onto Palm

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 14:06 -0500, Matthew M Davis wrote:
> You still have to sync the pilot.
>
> On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 13:51 -0500, Jeremey Wise wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 13:41 -0500, Jeremey Wise wrote:
> > > I feel stupid even asking this question but I googled around and tried
> > > several avenues to figure out how to load a software program I download
> > > to the palm within a Linux environment. When I used XP I just used the
> > > palm Desktop and when you double-clicked on the 'palm program
> > > (extensions) it asked if you wanted to load it upon next transfer. How
> > > is this done within Linux?
> > >
> > Sorry. clicked send before finished. I have tried using
> > "gpilot-install-file --later Bejeweled.prc" (or now and it just sits
> > their and never does anything. I left it alone for a 10Min and then
> > killed shell. I  tried the typical restart of gpilotd and no change.

I did this with both with the --later paramater and without. Without
pops up a box prompting you to press the sync button but even though
sync works the box never closes (and the game never shows up).

Questions:
1) Does gpilotd-controll-applet have to be stopped or running?
2) Can I just copy the files into ~/MyPilot/ and have that sufficient?
3) Is their a way to use dlpsh to send the files? (ie stop gpilotd and
use the dlpsh interface?
4) Does anyone know of a AIM client and SSH client that is not $20 that
works on PALM with Linux? (if I have to pay then I wil but why spend the
$ when you don't have to)

--
Thanks,

Jeremey Wise
jeremey wise agilysys com

All opinions or information expressed here are personal in nature and do
not reflect the official position of Agilysys Inc.