Re: multi-user application server

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 15:27, Gideon Romm wrote:
> Hello, all.  I have questions regarding gnome-pilot's capabilities in
> a multi-user app-server environment.  Here's what I would like to do:
>
> Have an application server set up to listen to incoming netsync
> requests and synchronize the appropriate user's account with the
> appropriate PDA. [....]

> Has anyone done this?  The last time I tried to get gnome-pilot to
> netsync, I couldn't get it to work (even though pilot-link and jpilot
> were successful).

There is a patch for netsyncing, that I haven't received much feedback
with.  I think it should work for non-ppp connections (conversely, I
think gnome-pilot may work for ppp connections as-is).  I haven't
got a bluetooth device to fix up that case, but using pi-nredir might
help in those cases.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-pilot-list/2004-November/msg00024.html

I haven't thought about multi-user gpilotd...

Matt