get Palm top , SuSE9.1 and preferable Evolution 1.5 sync-ing.

Hi all
I'm a SysAdmin and I was given the task of getting SuSE9.0 ,Gnome
,Evolution 1.4 and Palm 111 xe to sync.

Volia it went well. Thus we are currently upgrading to SuSE9.1 and
though I'm having a few teething problems with compatible NIC cards etc
etc I wasn't and haven't been able to install Evolution 1.4,1.5 with
Palm because of evolution-pilot and unmet depend ices being -

libgal-2.2.so.0
libgal-ally-2.2.so.0.0.1
libversit

So for now I'm stuck. So my request is has anyone managed to get Palm
top , SuSE91 and preferable Evolution 1.5 sync-ing.

TIA

Here's my notes below if any one is interested .

Configuring Palm Pilot 111xe and Evolution 1.4 Setup Ensure using Yast2
that all the current Gnome-pilot tools and apps are installed .
Make a Sym link from /dev/pilot to the correct serial port. So, if your
cradle is on COM1, this is /dev/ttyS0 under Linux. COM2 is /dev/ttyS1.
Perform the following as root to setup HotSync?.

      * -  cd /dev/
By Default synchronization software looks for HotSync? port on
/dev/pilot So we create Symlink .

      * - ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/pilot
Check Symlink and permissions on /dev/ttyS0 :COM1.

      * - ls -al /dev/pilot # Result .
      * -  /dev/pilot -> /dev/ttyS0
You must also give non-root users permissions to access the serial port.

      * - chmod 666 pilot
In the Evolution menubar .

      * -  Tools ==> Pilot Setings to start the pilot wizard
      * - Change type to Serial under cradle settings
      * - Add the Port path /dev/ttyS0
Starting the gnome-pilot Druid.

      * - Click on Forward to continue
Configuring gnome-pilot cradle settings.

      * -  Name: Cradle , Port: /dev/ttyS0, Speed:57600, Type: Serial
Configuring Palm hand held identification.

      * - ' No, I've never used sync software with this pilot before. '
Initial sync to retrieve Palm UserID?

      * -  PalmPilot then prompts you that it is going to connect to
        Palm, turm Palm on and hit HotSync button.
gnome-pilot Palm attributes

      * -  Pilot name ChucksMyPilot, Local basedir Confirm
        /home/chuck/MyPilot
Completing the gnome-pilot setup

Here you can reconfigure your settings, and enable/disable the various
gnome-pilot "conduits".

      * -  three tabs Pilots , Device and Conduits
      * - Click on Conduits tab
      * - List of gnome-pilot conduits:Backup ,File and Test all
        disabled
gnome-pilot-conduits, or gpc for short, are plugins for the gnome-pilot
daemon (gpilotd), which handles synchronization of a database on the
Palm (such as the DatebookDB?.pdb database, the Calendar data) with a
local program or database such as Evolution or GnomeCal?. Gnome-Pilot
version 2.0.10-100 ,pilot-link-0.11.8-37

      * - # apt-get install gnome-pilot gnome-pilot-conduits pilot-link
        evolution-pilot
May have dependencies Problems and Conflicts . Thus using Yast uninstall
gnome-pilot version 2.0.10-37 and pilot-link-0.11.8-33 .

Warning error gpilotd unknown when I try to enable them shutdown
Evolution.

      * -  ps auxxx|egrep gpilotd
      * -  kill -9 number
      * -  Start Evolution ==> Tools == > Pilot Settings ==> Conduits
        TAB ==> Enable ==> Palm top ==> HotSync
--
Chuck Amadi, Systems Administrator, |  http://www.smtl.co.uk/
Surgical Materials Testing Lab,     |  http://www.worldwidewounds.com/