Re: Gnome Pilot Causing USB Drive problems (version 2.0.10)

Won't help in this case. Its not when gnome-pilotd is talking to a USB palm device, but when gnome-pilotd polling to see if a palm device is attached. At that point (unless you have just hit hotsync on the palm) the visor module isn't loaded.

That depends on your system configuration. I've never yet run the visor driver on a sytem where it wasn't already loaded. hotplug causes FAR too many problems with Palm devices, and that is exactly why we strongly recommend disabling it if you use a USB-connected Palm.

Perhaps this will go away, since we're no longer using the visor module at all in 0.12.0 of pilot-link, and hopefully later versions as well. Of course, all of the userland supporting apps (J-Pilot, KPilot, gnome-pilot, etc.) have to be ported over to work with this new mechanism, but it is definately worth it for the 400% speed increase we're seeing.

d.