Re: zire 31 and gnome-pilot 2.0.12

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 09:09, Maarten Vergauwen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in fc2 I had gnome-pilot 2.0.10 running. This version did not
recognize my
> palm zire 31. However, I could edit the /usr/libexec/gpilotd
executable in
> order to "make" it recognize the vendor and product ids.

One of the great leaps forward in 2.0.12 is the ability to
add new devices as required, to the 'devices.xml' file.

In a default installation this is located either in
/usr/share/gnome-pilot/ or /usr/local/share/gnome-pilot/

Edit the file in any text editor, restart gpilotd, and you're done.

Matt

--
Matt Davey               "Madam, I had a wonderful evening, but this
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk       wasn't it."  --  Groucho Marx.