Help request re negative palm user ID number and palm-sync

Hello.

This is my first post to this list.  I am having a devil of a time finding
information to solve my problem with syncronization of my Palm m515 to my
newly installed Xandros/Debian OS.  I am also fairly new to Linux so my
hunting down support or troubleshooting information isn't very productive.

I have a newly installed:
Xandros 2 (Debian, Sarge)
Evolution 1.4.5
Palm-Link 0.11.8-7
Gnome-Pilot 2.0.10-3
Gnome-Pilot Conduits 2.0.10-2

The installation seems to have gone OK and I can install some packages using
Palm-Link and the command line.

However, I can't get any sync to Evolution since my Palm User ID is a
negative number (i.e. -1000) and I think Gnome-Pilot is expecting a positive
number (i.e. 1000).

I'm having difficultywith finding the info to narrow down the problem and
then try to fix it.
1) Is this a Gnome-Pilot, Pilot-Link, Evolution or Palm issue.
2) Is there some other software that could be involved (Linux is sometime a
real big scarry black box for me!).
3) Is it possible to have a negative Palm User ID?
4) If not, then how did I get it in the first place (probably just my
luck?)?  And then, so what do I do to fix this?

I have searched these mailing list archives and wasn't successful so far.

I have also tried the Xandros forum and the people there were helpful but
the end result was that I should force change the pilot User ID to a
positive number.  Problem with that solution is that I sync the palm at home
already and by changing the ID I will screw  up my home datebooks, contacts
etc.

I did a Google.com/Linux search without much success either.

I can't find much info on how to solve this issue so far because my searches
are coming up with little or nothing.

Would someone on the list please give me some suggestions on where to search
or how I might troubleshoot the problem so I can solve it?

Thanks in advance
Philip

---
Philip Neukom, CMC
First Ontario Fund
-
This eMail is intended for the addressee indicated above. It may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from
disclosure.  Any review, dissemination or use of this information or its
contents by any persons other than the addressee is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this eMail in error, please notify us immediately by
telephone (collect if necessary) and delete the eMail from your computer
system.  Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.