Re: Re: Please help: gpilotd network sync (some progress)

>Did you patch your kernel with the UX50 patch and also patch
>gnome-pilot to read /proc/bus/usb/devices for handhelds which do not
>roadcast the "Palm Handheld" string of text at connect time?

Hello once more,
As far as i know patching the kernel is needed only for <= 2.6.4. As i have
2.6.5 and sync works fine with visor modul i guess no patching is needed
here.

> > As i said in my other mail, this pi-nredir connects to the port, but
> > fails to do the redirection to the network and i have no idea what this
> > means.
>It could be the PalmOS bug where the IP you enter on the Palm for
>the "Primary PC Address" has to be entered backwards. It seems to be a bug
>in OS5 that I discovered a year or two ago. Try that.
I think this is not the case.

Current state:
==============
With the self compiled gnome-pilot it looks like i can sync now over USB
with the UX50 using the pi-nredir. When i started the pi-nredir now, it
started the sync on the UX50 (only backup, the other conduits disappeared
after i installed the self compiled stuff gpilotd).

My impression is now, that gpilotd could do the network sync, because
pi-nredir works now to redirect what is coming from the Palm via USB to the
network. Unfortunately the real network connection still doesn't work.
So if i try to sync from the Palm (Sony UX50) directly via network, than it
gets stuck (no reaction), what is strange.

David or somebody else, is there anything i can do to check if i need to
patch gpilotd for looking into /proc/.../devices?
Does anybody know where to find some information about this patch. I failed
to find it with google.

Thousand times Thank you for this great effort...

*Andreas