Re: Re: Please help: gpilotd network sync

Hello again,
some answers between the lines, i hope people are still willing to take a
look.
>> BUT all this stuff about Bluetooth sync i got already working with
>> JPilot, with pilot-xfer and so on!  BUT WHAT I CAN'T MANAGE IS: make
>> gnome-pilot (and gpilotd) sync via network!!!!
>
>	Easy... do the following:
>
>	1.) Run gpilotd-control-applet and choose "USB" as the device type
>
>	2.) Select /dev/pilot from the dropdown list
With the Sony UX50 even this one doesn't work. Does the gpilotd have an own
device recognition like the visor module does? For the visor module the UX50
is recognized (kernel 2.6.5.*). But as i said even with USB connection the
gpilotd doesn't react at all when i connect the UX50 (with the m515 it works
fine). Even starting gpilotd with verbose output doesn't show anything. Is
there any trace mode to trace incomming connection attempts?

>	6.) Configure your Palm apppropriately to talk to the IP of the
>	    machine running gnome-pilot, as detailed in several of my HOWTO
>	    documents.
I think i did that, pilot-xfer recognizes the UX50 perfectly well over
network connection.

>	7.) Sync as you normally would, using the network.
>
>	If you want to test this locally, run gpilotd in a term, after
> making the above changes, then in another term, run 'pi-nredir -p
> /dev/ttyUSBx' (choose the right port for your USB device, of course)
As i said in my other mail, this pi-nredir connects to the port, but fails
to do the redirection to the network and i have no idea what this means. As
it works with the same setup with a Palm m515 i am wondering what makes it
fail with the UX50?
Is anybody able to tell me what went wrong? and where the pi-nredir tries to
connect to?

Many many thanks for any help

>	"It Works For Me(tm)", I just tested it here.
>
>d.

Thanks David
  *Andreas