Restoring a pilot

Greetings,

Just a bit of user feedback: I just got a replacement pilot for one
which was dying a slow death, and couldn't find any interface in
gnome-pilot to help me restore old data to a new pilot.

I did remember that I could upload the user name and ID, and found that
in the capplet's Pilots tab, Edit... button, which was not so obvious, I
had to know what I was looking for and find it.  Furthermore, hotsyncing
after doing that wiped out many of the databases, such as AddressDB.pdb!
I fortunately had a few-days-old tarball backup.

So finally I figured pilot-xfer could help, and drilled down through its
manpage to --restore, and got it to work.  So I'm happy again, but I'm
not quite a typical user...

There are two points here.  First, there's no way in gnome-pilot (that I
could find) to restore a pilot.  Second, it's very easy for someone to
lose a LOT of important data by doing things wrong.

Okay, rant over.  I would be willing to participate in design and coding
to make restoring a PalmOS device possible in g-p, time permitting, and
if there is interest here...

Thanks,

-Adam P.

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg