Re: RH8, Visor Deluxe, Evo 1.4.4, cannot sync

> > [root hunter dev]# uname -orp
> > 2.4.20-20.8 i686 GNU/Linux

	Upgrade this to at least .21, unless you like usb lockups.

> > pilot-link-0.11.5-4.ximian.1

	This is almost a year old, upgrade to current (0.11.8)

> > gnome-pilot-2.0.10-0.ximian.5.1
> > gnome-pilot-devel-2.0.10-0.ximian.5.1

	This is ok, as long as you don't want to sync Addresses or Memos.

> > pilot-link095-compat-0.9.5-20

	Definately not needed any longer (at least I hope nobody is building
packages that rely on this ancient codebase).

> > [root hunter dev]# ll | grep pilot
> > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     uucp           12 Sep 22 13:11 pilot ->
> > /dev/ttyUSB0

	Are you sure this is the right port? Does pilot-link work with it?
(after killing the gpilotd processes, of course).

> After I press the hotsync button, the message indicates it's listening in
> on the /dev/pilot port, and instructs me to press the hotsync... which
> yields nothing. After a few moments, the connection times out on the PDA,
> and I have to kill the pilot-xfer process.

	I'm 99% positive you want ttyUSB1, not ttyUSB0.

> So... what am I doing wrong?

	Looks like you have a slew of upgrades to do first, then try the
other USB port.

d.