Re: Evo ToDo conduit gobbling memory.

Hi Scott,

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 06:19, Scott Garman wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering how many records is considered "a lot" in terms of palm
> synchronization. My ToDo database includes 1300+ records, according to
> my pilot's info section, and I can sync this just fine using Jpilot.
> However, with evolution, I cannot sync my database, because in doing so,
> the evolution process sucks up all my memory, swap, and then thrashes my
> system until I am forced to reset the computer. I am running this on an
> Athlon 1600 with 1 *GIG* of DDR memory + 512 MB of swap, and have
> watched this memory consumption occur using top. I can reproduce this at
> will as many times as I want.

I had a problem that was very similar to this, although I had yet to
narrow it down to a particular conduit -- I though they were all having
problems.

After I installed XD2, however, the problem went away.  Now, XD2 has a
whole boat-load of RPMs in there, so you may be cautious about
installing them but things have been nice and stable since I upgraded.
Although I filed a bug about the memory leak, I haven't heard anything
further about it.

Hope this helps.

rgds
Conrad