Re: Clie / USB Timing Problem

Hi Lars,

what you describe is exactly what I have been (and sill am) struggeling
with.

In short: Clie-SJ30; i440BX Chipset; usb-uhci and plain vanilla-kernel
(2.4.20; kernel.org)

The following I got myself:
Am Mit, den 26.11.2003 schrieb Lars Weissflog um 12:20:
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> visor.c: visor_startup - error getting first unknown palm command
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> visor.c: visor_startup - error getting second unknown palm command
> > Nov 25 19:06:40 carryme kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame#
> > 1137
> > Nov 25 19:06:43 carryme kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> > Nov 25 19:06:46 carryme kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout

> > So, no connection possible 99% of my tries. in 01% of my tries it seems
> > I have the right timing in my fingers to fire up pilot-xfer in the right
> > moment. STRANGE. THIS IS MY PROBLEM.

Probably I wasn't persistent enough. I only got your 99% - no
connection.

alternative uhci module wouldn't work on my system.

My current status: I downloaded 2.4.22 and patched it to 2.4.23rc2.
There is still the interrupt message ... but the syncing works.

My gut feeling:
This might possibly also be a sony problem, resulting from a not
properly implemented serial protocol or whatever.

I get this idea, because people with similar setup but different PDAs
don't seem to have this trouble.

Maybe it's worth trying to contact sony and get an opinion from them.

HTH

Stefan.

--
/ Stefan Ulrich Hegner aka "Hegi" - Loehne/ Westfalen - Germany \
| stefan hegner-online de, my Cyberhome http://www.hegner-web.de|