Wireless network sync setup help - Sony Clie UX-50

I'd like to be able to use Gnome Pilot to wirelessly (via 802.11) sync
my Sony Clie UX-50 with Evolution.

I've tried to use the configuration app (gpilotd-control-applet) both
from the command line and from within Evolution (Tools|Pilot Settings).
It popped up the first use screen so I can set up the configuration
options.

I clicked forward, which took me to the cradle settings.  Here's where I
got into trouble.  Although I could select Network, I could not figure
out how to configure it. Since I want to connect via the network, there
is no port.  But if I delete the port, I can't click forward.  If I
leave any devices set in the Port field, I cannot later sync the PDA to
get past the initial sync.  I would assume, once I click network, that I
should be able to set IP, host, etc. information.

I'm using Evolution 1.4.5 on Gentoo and gpilotd-control-applet 2.0.10
with a 2.4.20 kernel.

I'm able to communicate with the PDA using pilot-xfer (pilot-xfer -p
net:192.168.1.102 -l), so I know it's possible with my setup.

Any ideas?  I have no problem doing hand configuration, if needed, but I
don't know where to start.

Thanks,

        Steve
--