RedHat8, Evolution, gnome-pilot, pilot-link

I was trying to get Evolution (in Redhat8.0 updated) to work with my
palm IIIxe, using pilot-link 0.11.7 and Gnome-Pilot. After compiling the
new versions of gnome-pilot and pilot-link I was unable to synchronise
using the GnomePilot Daemon. It looks like I broke something.

Somehow Evolution continues to (trying to) use the old pilot-link and
gnome-pilot but my synchronisation is broken. By the way,
jpilot-synchronising still works.

Please show me the way to get synchronisation in Evolution to work.

TIA, greetz, dJezzer