Re: Gnome Pilot 2.0.1 & Gnome Pilot Conduits 2.0.1

A few problems worth noting:

Starting the applet itself doesn't seem to start gpilotd.

I don't seem to get a status bar type display anymore. This might be
intentional, though...

Right-clicking the applet and selecting "properties" only brings up an
"execute-when-clicked" dialog. If nothing's there, then left-clicking
simply makes it crash. Should this be defaulting to
gpilotd-control-applet? Should the control-applet stuff be in the
regular Gnome system menus anyway? (If it's already there, I'm blind or
have a wonky system ;).

gpilotd segfaults pretty frequently during normal usage (for example,
enabling just the backup conduit). I test with a simple PalmIIIe via the
good ol' serial cable. It's a trooper.

Let me know if you need any further info, I'm reasonably handy with
strace, gdb, etc. I never could grok gob though :). I'm hoping to be
able to get this into Debian soon, so at the very least perhaps someone
out there could confirm that they do or do not have similar issues and
compare notes with me -- that way I can get a start on tracking down any
weirdness on my own box.

--
Mike Markley <mike markley org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084

Ada is the work of an architect, not a computer scientist.
- Jean Icbiah, inventor of Ada