Re: Palm Tungsten C

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 06:15, Ed Murray wrote:
> I have set up /dev/pilot and can successfully access the Tungsten C in a
> USB cradle using JPilot.
> However, I am having trouble with gnome-pilot and I am getting the
> following error with trying to send a user ID to the Palm using the
> setup druid.
>
> Unknown pilot - no pilots matches ID - 1073744780
> Use gnomecc to set pilot's ID

If you are trying to force an ID to the palm then use the command line
"install-user" utility.  [Use the gnome-pilot applet to pause gpilotd
first].

> Is the Tungsten C supported by gnome-pilot yet?

Yes - I have one that works fine (modulo the standard problems - ie just
about never fires up first time, you have to cancel/time-out the first
attempt and then it works on the second).

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]