Hi all,

I've always had to start gpilotd once, kill it and then
start it again to get it to work.

The first time around I get a message saying 'cannot bind to ...'

The difference between the two runs seems to be that
the visor module is not loaded the first time around:

diff mod-2 mod-3
1a2,3
> visor                  13248   0  (unused)
> usbserial              22080   0  [visor]
31c33
< usbcore                65280   1  [hid usb-uhci]
---
> usbcore                65280   1  [visor usbserial hid usb-uhci]

is there a quick fix, such as adding a dependency in /etc/modules.conf
so that when ttyUSB1 is accessed the modules are loaded?

I am currently running RH 8.0, but I was experiencing similar problems
under earlier versions of RH.

gnome-pilot 1:0.1.70-1.ximian.1
pilot-link  2:0.11.5-4.ximian.1

Your help will be much appreciated!