Re: loading the right modules the first time ...

On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 14:27, Marcel Turcotte wrote:
>  > From: "David A. Desrosiers" <hacker gnu-designs com>
>  > Subject: Re: loading the right modules the first time ...
>
>  > > The difference between the two runs seems to be that the visor
>  > > module is not loaded the first time around:
>
>  > Sounds like a hotplug problem, disable hotplug.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Is there a way to circumvent the problem with out
> disabling hotplug in kernel.  I am using a laptop,
> and hotplug support seems necessary for the pcmcia
> card ...

You don't need hotplug support for pcmcia cards, you really don't.  The
only time you would need that is if you've gone the extra mile and have
actually configured that entire subsystem to depend on the hotplug way
of doing things.  Just plain-jane pcmcia-cs should work just fine, with
or without yenta support from the kernel, with no hotplug anything.
Instant messaging contact nfo: AIM: evilDagmar  Jabber: evilDagmar jabber org