Re: Gnome Pilot 2.0.0 & Gnome Pilot Conduits 2.0.0

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 04:10, Mike Markley wrote:
> Woohoo :).
>
> A few notes/questions as I try to get the Debian packages built:
>
> Interestingly, specifying --with-vfs seems to *disable* vfs... :)
(snippage)

I'll second that bug report about --with-vfs appearing to be backwards,
and go on to add a number of other things...

There seem to be some Chicken & Egg issues with configuring the
stinker.  After considerable poking and prodding I managed to get the
thing to not crash when configuring it by manually invoking gpilotd, and
then manually configuring a cradle.  Until I did that every time it
would try to get the user information from the pilot it would just crash
the daemon outright.  Also under Pilots, when you add one manually, it
won't let you put an apostrophe in the User Name field.  *stern look*

Later this evening I'll nuke my settings and take a second whack at it
to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.